EXPLORE THE DATA ECOSYSTEM
CowBhave is a novel low-cost open-source automated monitoring system, offered as a free support to the dairy farmers across Europe to:
- Allow for building a basic low-cost open-source automated monitoring system for discrimination of dairy cow behavioural activities.
- Get information of the system accuracy in relation to visual observation of images acquired by multi-camera video-recording systems considered as the ‘golden standard’.
- Get information on the system accuracy in relation to the accuracy of other sensor-based monitoring systems commonly utilised for cow behaviour detection.
- Get information on the standards of data storage for accelerometers they will use.
- Make better decisions based on real data.
- Save time by avoiding the direct observation of the herd, both for large herds due to the modularity of the system and for small herds for which a costly system would not be economically sustainable for small to medium sized farms.