The search found 2 results in 0.019 seconds.
Georgian Technical University was founded in 1922 as a polytechnic faculty of the Tbilisi State University. The first lecture was read by the world-famous Georgian mathematician Professor Andrea Razmadze. Transformed in 1928 into an independent "Georgian Politechnical Institute" it achieved University status by 1990.
Agricultural University of Georgia was established in 1929 and has been from that time onward the primary university in Georgia for higher education in agriculture and related fields. After a period of decline following the collapse of the Soviet Union, the university was privatized in 2011 and work began immediately to make it a modern, high-quality research university. Since then, millions of dollars have been spent renovating the educational and research infrastructure while the new management recruits high-quality Georgian and foreign scientists and professors, revises curriculums and